|Our Services||Soil Sampling|
• Geo-Reference Soil Collection / Testing
• Plant / Tissue Collection / Testing
• Colored Computer Nutrient Maps
• Soybean Cyst Nematode (SCN) Testing
• Soil Sample Pick-up at Your Location
(Click here to email a pick-up request)
• Full Season Crop Scouting
• Online Soil Test Order Placement
• Digital Plat maps & Test Results
• Lab Tests for Primary, Secondary & Micronutrients for crop production production
• Consulting with Retail Ag Chemical & Fertilizer Dealers on the business
side of precision agriculture
Click the links below to access Customer-Collected Sample Request documents:
1. Customer Loose Soil Sample Test Request Form - Word Doc.
2. Customer Plant Tissue Sample Submittal Form - Word Doc.
3. USI VRT Prescription Map Request Form - Word Doc.
Click the links below to access United Soils-Collected Sample Request documents:
1. United Soils Soil Sample Test Request Form - Word Doc.
2. United Soils Tissue Nitrate Sample Submittal Form - Word Doc.
3. United Soils PSNT Soil Nitrate Request Form - Word Doc.
United Soils, Inc. understands the need for timely and accurate results, and it starts with collecting meaningful samples. Our field technicians follow strict field mapping & sample collection protocol to assure the lab receives the most representative field samples possible.
USI uses GPS mapping technology to generate field maps and their associated grid / core sample locations. Cores are collected and composited surrounding the predetermined sampling site.
Results from the soil analysis are processed with GIS data-handling software to create field and nutrition-based maps.
This approach provides the most efficient and accurate results for our customers.
USI pulls and tests samples based on our customer requests. Our website's online order form starts the process (USI-Works).
We pride ourselves on our customer service and strive to achieve the below goals for each and every job:
• Widely Applicable
• Track Changes in Fertility
Click on the link below to see our company flier:
1. United Soils, Inc. Services Flier - PDF Doc.
|Plant / Tissue Sampling||Crop Scouting|
United Soils Inc. suggests following the provided guide below when obtaining
plant tissue samples for analysis. Results of the analysis will determine
whether problems in plant development are due to nutritional factors.
Precise results are possible only when carefully selected plant material is submitted for analysis. Accurate sampling requires that select parts of a
plant are collected at certain stages of plant development. A plant's nutritional
condition differs for each variety, stage of development and growing area. It is recommended to select plant tissue representative of a particular variety and growing area. Place samples in un-lined paper bags.
What Not to Sample: Diseased or dead plant material; plant tissue damaged
by insects and/or mechanical equipment; plant tissue which has been stressed
by excesses of cold, heat or moisture; seeds should NOT be sampled as they
do not reflect nutritional status of the whole plant.
Click icon to open our Customer Plant Sample Submittal Form:
1. Customer Plant Sample Submittal Form - Word Doc.
Tissue / Plant Sampling Guide (click on image to enlarge)
Click icon to open Plant / Tissue document:
1. USI Tissue / Plant Sample Guidelines - PDF
United Soils, Inc. provides crop scouting-evaluation services. These services monitor producers’ crop fields from planting through crop maturation, depending on the number of scouting trips agreed upon. The goal is to provide timely, documented observations of field-crop conditions (insect, weed, disease pests) during the growing season so prudent pest management decisions can be made.
USI field reports will be delivered to the designated contact person. That representative will be responsible for utilizing the scout report data in conjunction with pest threshold information when determining pest control treatment recommendations.
Click on the document links below to open our Scouting
Click on the document links below to open our Scouting literature:
2. 2013 Corn Base Scouting Schedule 1-pg Flier - PDF
3. 2013 Soybeans Base Scouting Schedule 1-pg Flier - PDF
4. 2013 Scouting Services Request Form - Word Doc.